The Communication Strategist
The Communication Strategist
I have obtained a Honors and Master Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism from Dhaka University which has given a lifetime understanding of Communication. I also studied at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Dhaka University. During my academic life, I set the goal of my life is to work in the field of Communication. And, it’s a pleasure that I am working in the field of Communication with more than 10 years of experiences.
I am now working with IOM Bangladesh, UN migration agency, as National Communication Officer. My emphatic and result-oriented activities of communication in Action Aid Bangladesh (AAB) gave me the new journey, I believe, with UN agency. It’s great pleasure that I could rebuild the brand and communication of ActionAid Bangladesh which brought outstanding success for the organization in terms of branding, visibility, media relation, digital communication.
I worked as a Deputy Manager- Communication (Communication Lead) in AAB. I was also the head of emergency communication in AAB. Moreover, I worked with Care Bangladesh. Furthermore, I worked with many nationally reputed print and electronic media houses. The media houses include The Daily Samakal, Daily Amadershomoy, Ekushey Television and SA.TV.
These practical experiences in the communication have me made capable of exploring all the critical areas of communication including developing and implementing a communication strategy, media relations, content development & dissemination, and event management. Most importantly, I have the skill of developing context-wise communication and campaign strategies. And, I can produce creative content for different platforms and perspectives with the innovative channel. Finally, I have in-depth understanding and practical experiences on digital communication.
- National Communication Officer (Present)
ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB)
- Deputy Manager, Communication (Communication Lead) (2018-2019)
- Senior Officer, Communication & Officer, Communication (2014-2018)
- Advocacy & Communication officer (2014)
SA.TV (South Asian Television)
- Staff Reporter (2012-2014)
Ekushey Television (ETV)
- Staff Reporter (2010-2012)
Other Media Related Experiences
- Sub-editor, The Daily Amadershomoy (2009-2010)
- Supervised a survey of ‘The Daily Samakal’ titled ‘First Year of the Government’ (2009)
- Edited a publication named “26March Ostitte Bangladsh” from khatian.com (2009)
- Editor, ‘Unmochon’ a monthly magazine published from Barisal (2004-2005)
extra curriculum activities
- Received more than 25 awards in journalism, writing and presentation competitions
- Organized more than 35 function and program as a presenter.
- Arranged more than 30 functions (cultural, social)
- Participated more than 40 debate competitions and got prizes
Vision and Mission
- Communication Lead, ActionAid Bangladesh, May 2018- continue
- Emergency Communication Lead, ActionAid Bangladesh, 2016- continue
- Coordinator, First River Olympiad 2017, Riverine People, 2017
- Director, Communication: Riverine People
- Chair, JCI Dhak North 2018
- Hands-on knowledge in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator; professional working skill in photography and videography; hands-on knowledge in documentary making, video editing, photo story writing, and storytelling.
- Have already generated video documentaries on Human Rights Poverty & Emergency Response, Environment, Business, Industry.
Award & Recognition
- Received “The best Journalist Award” in 2013 conferred by REHAB for investigative journalism.
- Received appreciation from my work from ActionAid internal secretariat. Head of communication of ActionAid International recognized my work and circulate it globally.
- Received official appreciation for my work from ActionnAid Bangladesh for more than 50 times
- Carried out a research titled ‘Representation of Religious Ideologies in Primary Education Book’, Supervisor: Dr. Kabery Gayen, Professor, Dept. of Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka.
- Contributed as research fellow to the research on ‘Child Reporting of Bangladesh’ by UNICEF and MRDI.
- Contributed as research assistant to the research titled ‘Mediated Truth of BDR Incident’,
- Contributed as research assistant in the research titled ‘Nature and Practice of Sports Journalism in Bangldesh’.